Key focus areas of Long-Term Development Programme
In line with the Long-Term Development Programme until 2025, Russian Railways intends to fully maintain the volume of socially significant transportation (including through implementing initiatives in the Far East).
- building an efficient route network and train schedule;
- developing high-speed rail transportation with Lastochka and Strizh trains as well as trains with double-decker railcars;
- providing customers with high-quality product offerings;
- digitalising customer services and business processes;
- offering innovative products in trains;
- improving the customer experience;
- introducing the world’s best practices for the development of multimodal transport.
- integrating suburban transport into the urban transport environment of the city areas;
- ensuring the long-term mutual obligations of all participants of suburban transit systems under the regional tariff and budgetary policies of the Russian Federation;
- adopting regulatory decisions aimed at securing equal opportunities for the development of the suburban passenger transportation vs other transport modes;
- launching multimodal transportation (with the possibility of building integrated route network for several transport modes) along with the comprehensive development of a bus transportation service within the Group;
- defining economic incentives for upgrading the rolling stock and infrastructure facilities;
- introducing suburban transportation standards for accessibility, quality and safety of passenger transportation;
- enhancing the Moscow Transport Hub;
- reducing the interval between passenger trains on certain routes, including the Moscow Central Circle.
- creation of multifunctional intermodal and transport interchange hubs integrated with the modern urban environment and infrastructure;
- efficient use of railway station areas (including synergies and cooperation with bus stations).