Key focus areas of the Long-Term Development Programme
- integrated projects of railway design, construction (upgrade), electrification, and subsequent operation;
- consulting (development of concepts, strategies, railway development programmes, feasibility studies, and business plans);
- railway facility management;
- supplies of railway machinery, equipment and materials;
- comprehensive transport and logistics services (establishing joint operations, acquiring stakes in national logistics companies);
- expanding international passenger transportation routes and assessing the possibility to establish joint operations in the passenger segment (including for the purpose of entering the European market);
- transit freight transportation to key international destinations;
- personnel training and education;
- development of IT services, cloud applications, and digital strategies;
- working out financial solutions for foreign projects.
To do this, the Company will need to implement a number of corporate initiatives, new business processes and algorithms, including the development of competencies in international engineering and transport infrastructure construction via mergers and acquisitions.
Furthermore, given the trends in the global transportation market, the Company needs to build a project financing framework to implement infrastructure projects in foreign transportation and construction markets, and boost cooperation with international financial organisations supporting export services.
- organisational support;
- implementation of new business processes and algorithms;
- development of financing packages.
The Group will be actively expanding foreign operations to improve its competitive edge in international transportation and construction markets and increase total income.