Ensuring comfort and availability of passenger services
Russian Railways aims to provide a rewarding passenger experience across all regions of presence in Russia. A major priority is making railway infrastructure accessible to all passengers.
Highlights of passenger transportation
Key initiatives until 2025:
- Building an efficient route network and train schedule;
- Promoting high-speed and ultra high-speed railway transport (up to 600 new passenger cars planned to be purchased annually);
- Improving passenger experience, introducing innovations and quality standards (by 2025, the share of e-tickets for long-haul trains will reach 70%);
- Introducing the world's best practices for the development of multimodal transport;
- Introducing standards to provide services to passengers with reduced mobility.