Unique experience in large-scale projects
The Company aims to meet targets under its Long-Term Development Programme by implementing priority investment projects and comprehensive initiatives to introduce technology solutions linked to infrastructure development and rolling stock upgrade plans, along with measures to secure customer-focused targets in terms of freight delivery time and speed. Overall, the investment programme will be driving the Russian economy while also enabling the Company to deliver on its technology and efficiency, labour productivity, and cost cutting targets.
Key initiatives until 2025:
- Delivering on targetsunder the Comprehensive Plan for Upgrading and Expanding Core Infrastructure and the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 204 On National Goals and Strategic Objectives of the Russian Federation through to 2024 dated 7 May 2018 (under the base case scenario, total investments of Russian Railways in 2019—2025 will stand at RUB 4,671.4 bn);
- Measures to eliminate infrastructure limitations and increase carrying capacities of the Baikal–Amur and Trans-Siberian main lines to 210 mt by 2025, and also of approaches to the ports of the Azov and Black Seas (some RUB 2.4 tn planned to be allocated by 2025);
- Laying the foundation to create a network of high-speed and ultra high-speed railway transport;
- Ensuring a balanced traction mix in line with transportation volume forecasts (some RUB 497 bn planned to be allocated by 2025);
- Developing schemes of public—private partnership in railway transportation (including concessions) as a way to finance new lines.